- Qui sommes-nous ?
- Carnet d'adresses
- Vie professionnelle
Breaking music Composition Competition - Syntax Ensemble
The cultural and musical organization Syntax Ensemble is proud to announce a composition competition seeking submissions of new scores to be included in its repertoire. Syntax Ensemble will be awarding prizes for compositions most successfully conveying aesthetic clarity in addition to demonstrating command of instrumental writing and electronic programming skills highlighting the performers’ technical and expressive skills.
The competition is open to male and female composers of all nationalities, not yet 40 years old by November 30th 2018. It is also open to people belonging to no country: these will be asked to include a declaration of residence.
The five finalists will be expected to write a new piece lasting between ten and fifteen minutes for an ensemble made up of at least six musicians, freely selected among the following:
• Female voice (extended from A3 up to Bb5);
• Flute (Piccolo, C Flute, Alto Flute, Bass Flute, Sliding Whistle);
• Clarinet (Clarinet in Eb, Clarinet in Bb, Clarinet in A, Bass Clarinet);
• Violin (acoustic and electric);
• Cello (acoustic and electric);
• Grand Piano (no upright piano);
• Percussion: Vibraphone, 1 tam tam, 1 triangle, 2 suspended cymbals, 2 temple blocks, 5 wooden blocks, 1 snare drum, 2 tom toms;
• Electronics (audio files and/or live electronics).
Electronics receive as much attention as musicians. Through performance of the same score, any one musician may be playing more than one instrument within the limits set in the above list. Composers must clearly indicate whether or not a conductor is needed. Scores must be digitally typed with music notation software.
Samedi 30 Juin 2018